What is Tissue Culture?
Tissue culture is a collection of techniques used to maintain or grow plant cells or tissues under sterile condition on a nutrient culture medium in a short duration.
Advantages of Tissue Culture?
There are numerous advantages of tissue cultured plants. Most important of them are:
• Completely true to the type plants can be produced.
• Mature plants can be produced in very quick time.
• Exact copies of healthy plants with excellent flower and fruit bearing capacity can be produced.
• Pest & disease free seedlings can be produced.
• Whole the year planting is possible.
Tissue Culture Home Page
| Tissue Cultured Banana
| Tissue Cultured Carnation